Actually, you know what just occured to me? haha. i shouldnt be doing this right.. haha. it wasnt my turn to share last nite wad.. haha. nvm. since im sooo NICE, i shall pei u submit reflections.. and tonite's still MY TURN.. ;'( anyway...
I really wonder how i would react if God sent an angel down to ME, saying something along the lines of "Greetings, the Lord's blessings/favour is upon you..." i'd most probably react with something like a "wth?!" hahaha. i may not say it out loud la, cos its not exactly the kind of language to use with an angel, but haha. thats wad would be going on in my mind.
I would most definitely treat the simple greeting with apprehension, and maybe a certain degree of fear. Why is the angel telling me this? What's God's plan for me? I mean, I know his blessing is upon each one of us, so why is this angel telling me that? something BIG is going to heppen - what?
Which is why Mary's reaction surprises me. No hesistation, whatsoever. A virgin, giving birth. to no one less than the Son of GOD! How does she react? Thy will be done. Whoaa....
That kind of trust. This kind of confidence in Him. This is what I've been striving for all along. Yet, this is often mistaken for foolish resignation. However, I'm still gonna continue to rely on Him ENTIRELY.
AMEN
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
imagine a scenario:
it's the night before a major exam. Then Satan comes along, intending to cause havoc. The evil one comes along, and "steals away" all that you've studied, so to speak. Horror of horrors! You find that you can't remember a thing!
now what are u gonna do? here are your options:
-> Wallow in self-pity, and be angry with - guess who? GOD
-> Start cramming
-> Trust God, Pray.
Most people would choose either the first or second option, maybe both. Few would trust God enough to choose the third one. Pray, just pray. i'm slowly progressing towards the third option. True, people scorn me, mock me for my "foolishness". but you know what?
HE'S ALL I NEED
AMEN!